Alerting people to the art which pools around the fringes of commercial awareness.

26 January, 2010

Tom Goes to the Mayor

The animation style took some acclimation, but once accepted, Tom Goes to the Mayor - The Complete Series acts as a comedic soul salve.  If you can appreciate comedy that is weird, disturbing and sadly beautiful, I would strongly recommend renting and later purchasing this relatively unknown masterwork.  


The following is a transcript from a scene in the "Saxman" episode featured in season 2.


Saxman Scene Context:


The morning after Saxman, a local homeless musician, incapacitated Tom with his smooth, saxy, Kenny G grooves.  Tom meekly attempts to question Saxman about the previous night’s events while attempting to create a jingle for local mattress company.


Dialogue:


Tom:  You know what, Saxman, let’s take five.  Um…  There’s actually been something I’ve been wanting to get off my chest this morning.  Uh… Did you and your friends happen to come in the house and have some kind of jazz jam last night?


Saxman:  Wha’?  In the house?  No, I slept like a baby right out there in my pup tent.


Tom:  Huh, that’s weird…  It’s nothing.. . There’s just some piles of BM in my bedroom.  I…  Just ah…  Something…   I don’t know,  you know what?  Forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment